Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Must Exist First


"Finding the ‘Truth’ is the foundation of philosophy and I’ve found the most important way in finding it. I can find it through Existentialism. I decided that I must find it personally not as a whole because the ‘Truth’ in reality is only personal interpretation and it couldn’t be in universal."


















In my life now , I always find time to contemplate… meditate….make journals about my thoughts and emotions, philosophies etc…. for the reason that I realize without these activities, my existence as a man is useless. I have to examine my life to make it ‘worth living’.


Through these reflections, I have shown to myself that I am truly living. That I am a man constructing my own roads and striving to finish it to become a true man.


Rene Descartes and Plato’s philosophies about the mind created a great impact in my life and they still continuing influencing me. But existentialists just like Kierkegaard, Nietzsche and Heidegger show me a new perspectives towards life. They make my life now more interesting and worthliving. They say, I must ‘think in existence’…. that I should face the life with my own choices not by others. In other words, live individually.


My existence is the most important element in my journey, this is my life and I don’t want to be covered by my ideology, which is merely an experiment of thought. I exist because of my existential moment of choices and actions not by my pure thoughts or ideas. I could not exist if I only think and think. I must think and live it. Think in existence inorder to exist.


Finding the ‘Truth’ is the foundation of philosophy and I’ve found the most important way in finding it. I can find it through Existentialism. I decided that I must find it personally not as a whole because the ‘Truth’ in reality is only personal interpretations and it couldn’t be in universal.


The ‘Truth’ that you are finding is different from mine. I am on my way now in knowing it, and it can be found within me, and after finding it, I want to know what it means to my Existence.


Examining my life is not only making it worth living but also knowing what it means to my life.
I know to think individually in this life has a negative aspects because I believe that making this life more meaningful is to harmonize with other people… I’m not living alone…. But I am still an existentialist. I am making this life for myself not for the entire universe.


I am going to live my life in my own choices and decisions.. I am committed to this philosophy. I have to prove to myself first that I am not a thinking thing that thinks but a thinking thing that lives.


I have to prove to myself that I really exist before sharing it hundred percent to others. I don’t want to be isolated in this world but I must have a proof first that I am a true man.. that I truly exist.. that I have choices.. that I can build my own roads… that I am truly living.


I have to create or discover my own identity… I must exist first.
I must have my life first before sharing it to other people.

No comments: